Gender Equity Program CoordinatorSASKATOON, SK Canada Jun 15 2022
This position reports to: Executive Director
The Gender Equity Program Coordinator will promote gender and racial equity for Indigenous women through organizational impact, specifically through evaluating and adapting the provision of pre-existing programs and services at SIMFC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the self-determination of Indigenous peoples, reconciliation, and greater attention to gender perspectives.
- Develop project strategy that addresses challenges, risks, and recommendations for the implementation of Gender-Based Analysis Plus (GBA+) into SIMFC programs and services; including the development, evaluation, and facilitation of training tools.
- Plan, coordinate, and promote Gender-Based programs and services that are culturally competent and evidence-based.
- Identify and implement unique fundraising opportunities for special programs; including writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
- Participate in SIMFC fundraising initiatives, community events, and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Indigenous Social Work, Social Work or other related degree, or a combination of work experience and post-secondary education in a related field.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role and/or working knowledge of the dynamics of gender and racial disparities and other social issues.
- Must have knowledge and awareness of Indigenous cultures and history.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong analytical, research, and writing abilities to design, implement, and evaluate programs and services.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including database applications.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- A clear criminal reference check (CPIC) and Vulnerable Sector Clearance will be a condition of employment.
- Must be prepared for flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] by 10:00am Monday June 20th. We thank everyone for their application, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.